Born from the ashes of an old project, this application takes advantage of the latest geospatial technologies using an innovative approach while is providing to the civil protection and their partner a essential information for the optimal planning and management of the emergency.
SITGAP 2, accessible only using a secured user and password, provides base maps, real-time lake levels and its evolution forecasted by hydrological models run by the IST-SUPSI, details of exposed elements (including population, private properties, oil cisterns etc.), evacuation tools, and many other essential features specifically designed and implemented.
Even if still in test phase, the application is already proving its utility and stability in supporting the current alarm (level 5 of 5) operations.
For those interested, more insight will be provided in Fribourg (Switzerland) the next SGM 2014 (Swiss Geoscience Meeting) the November 22nd at 11:20.
SITGAP 2 appeared in the national media:
- RSI 2014-11-10 19:45: http://goo.gl/ng4aZK
- RSI 2014-11-13 06:17: http://goo.gl/vbpeuv
- Ticinonline 2014-11-14 15:42: http://goo.gl/RuOjYm
- T+ 2014-11-14 18:57: http://goo.gl/KKpsZz
- Meteoswiss, for the weather forecasts
- Canton Ticino, UCA financing and supporting the hydro-meteorological monitoring network and the lake level hydrological model
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office, for the provision of data
- Canton Ticino, CSI and UPAAI for the provision of data